About Us – REO Capital is a global capital introduction firm for Venture Capital and Private Equity Emerging Managers as well as Established Managers of private funds with unique strategies.
REO Capital was founded in 2010 to address the needs of the Emerging Managers that are ignored by most placement agents in the United States and Globally.
REO Capital has over 50 years of combined experience in raising capital for Emerging Managers and Established Managers.
REO Capital – discovered that Public Pensions typically have mandates that prohibit them from investing in any manager that does not have a 5 year track record.
REO Capital has specialized in working with Emerging Managers that seek to raise capital from $100 million to $700 million in capital since 2010.
Target Markets – REO Capital has LP relationships in North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia.
REO Capital – Is stringent when evaluating potential managers, we examine the critical factors that define the GP of a Fund. These include the general partner’s background, track record, investment process, locations, professional references, risk management and other investors.
REO Capital – Has found that we need to evaluate certain criteria such as References in order to represent potential fund managers just as they evaluate Placement Agents.
REO Capital – attends various RIA & SFO conferences as well as Emerging Manager conferences throughout the United States, Europe, and the Middle East.
About Us – REO Capital has found through attending these RIA conferences that over the past 20 years that there has been a significant shift in wealth out of pensions and into RIA firms.
REO Capital – Is uniquely different from other placement agents.
– REO Capital does not lock our clients into a typical 24 month contract.
– Our distribution channels are more diverse, and targeted to the Emerging Managers.
– Our firm works on a limited number of funds to avoid duplicating and competing capital raises.
– Most placement agents are Investment Bankers, that do not specialize in Emerging Managers.
– Most Placement Agents charge monthly retainer fees of $15k + Success Fees!
– Our Retainer & Success Fees are more competitive than most placement agents !
– We monitor the “VIX Index” to determine when to start & when not to start a Cap Raise.
“REO Capital is not registered in MI to provide securities services in State of Michigan”. REO Capital will not conduct any business in Michigan because the MI AG office Abuse of Power by using Defamatory and Libelous language, in their Securities division against applicants!